Sunday, March 23, 2008

third time's a charm

Introducing Crud 3.0, which features new, improved projectile vomiting! And butter-colored diarrhea!

This house is a cesspool of vomit and other unpleasant bodily spewage. As if a third round of this bug weren't enough, you aren't going to believe this, but our washing machine broke. Yes, on day one of this latest bug, just after I stuffed it full of barf-soaked bedding, the washer just simply...stopped. Our friendly Home Service Plus Appliance technician can't be here until Tuesday.

If it weren't for my mother, I would have lost my mind this past week. Seriously. She hauled the laundry (5 sets of bedding, countless pairs of jammies, onesies, pants) to her house, washed and dried it, and brought it back to us- sorry, flu-stricken things that we were. My mother is truly the most amazing woman alive.

And today, quite frankly, I am hating the Compact. I want to rid this house of anything even remotely connected to this bug. I just want to replace everything. Instead, I spent the day cleaning things.

I want to go buy a new washing machine. I don't want to clean or fix the old stupid grungy washer that was here when we bought the house and has disgusting congealements all over the inside of the lid. I want to just go out and buy new garbage cans, rather than wash out the current ones with disinfectant. I want to burn all of the kids' sippy cups and pacifiers and bottles, bacteria collectors all...and replace them with new, clean, shiny happy ones. I want to get rid of the stained laundry and buy new jammies and new bedding and just get every trace of this stupid virus out of our house and out of our lives.

No comments: